Saturday, March 18, 2017

5 Equestrian Goals for Summer 2017

It's important to have set goals. Maybe my goals will help inspire you, as well!
  1. Be confident at the canter over jumps.
    This may sound really simple for someone who's been riding as long as I have, but it's important. I learned at the trot, and because I ride greenies a lot, it's hard for me to gain confidence cantering jumps.
    Oh, yeah, leg goals (noooo!!)
  2. Take Beau to an off-property show without him bucking.
    High-reaching. That's what this goal is! Beau is very expressive in new situation, and keeping him relaxed and listening at any event is important.
    The sassiest of ponies
  3. Show Beau at Beginner Novice.
    I know we both have the skills necessary to do this, it's just a matter of putting the pieces together and keeping the confidence to finish the level.
    Knees!
  4. Buy a saddle.
    I've been riding in my dad's saddle, a 17" deep seat Collegiate. It's way to big for me, and I prefer a flat seat. I also want to find one that fits Beau better than this one.
    Pessoa's are gorgeous!!
  5. Enjoy my pony!
    The most overlooked, and the most important. I need to remember that as long as I have my best friend in my life, I'm blessed.
Love you, Beau!
Set goals, smile, and have fun!

-UEquestrian

Review: SmartPak's Piper Breeches

For Christmas this year, I put two pairs of breeches on my wish list: the SmartPak Original Knee Patch Pipers and the Dover Riding Sport Kn...