Inspired by Jumper Nation's post 10 Mantras From Non-Equestrians To Transform Your Next Round, my list includes all of their quotes, as well as some of my own personal favorites. *None of these quotes are my own.
|18 Motivational Quotes That Will Keep Any Equestrian Determined|
- Next play. Next play.
This is a great reminder to forget about your past struggles and look to the future to really show what you can do,
- I got this.
Never forget that you can do whatever you put your mind to do.
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
If you are determined, you can stretch beyond what you think is possible to attain the impossible.
- I know what I have to do.
As soon as you think this phrase, you relax and immediately calm down and focus.
- Green as grass and ready to kick some ass.
One of my personal favorites, this is great for people like me who ride greenies, this quote is a great reminder that you are ready to compete with the big boys/girls.
- If you can believe it, you can achieve it.
Another reminder that anything is possible!
- Be water.
This is a great reminder to go with the flow and not to worry about the bumps and knots in the river's path.
- Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.
Don't be afraid to lose, but keep the drive and determination required to win.
- Decide. Commit. Succeed.
Choose your goal, stick to it, and do whatever it takes to succeed in your eyes.
- Work until your idols become your rivals.
Another of my favorites, this is a reminder that if you work enough, you can reach the level of your idols!
- Why not me? Why not us?
There is nothing in the world that can limit you. One of my favorite inspirations is U.S. Para-Olympian Annie Peavy.
- Strive for progress, not perfection.
Recently I read an article that called out the old mantra "Perfect practice makes perfect." It stated that you should reward your horse and yourself with any small victory, instead of overreaching for perfection.
- When you think about quitting, remember why you started.
This is fantastic for when you're not happy with your discipline. Remember that first ride, that first cross country jump, that first flying change. And then Smile!
- The goal is not to ensure everything is right. The goal is to expose everything that is wrong.
For the perfectionist, this is important to remember, especially in lessons. Lessons are for trying new things, screwing up, and growing in talent.
- Breathe. Believe. Battle.
I love this one for competitions. Calm yourself, believe in yourself, and battle for the blue ribbon you know you deserve!
- Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.
Whether it's entering a new show class or exploring a new trail at home, you never know what you can achieve until you try.
- Don't be afraid to be great.
Never, never be scared to show your talent, even if it's different from what you expected.
- Create the best conditions then let go of the outcome.
Do the best you can to prepare, but be okay with losing. Sometimes you just need to learn from your mistakes.