Saturday, March 18, 2017

10 Reasons to Try a Thoroughbred

If you've read my About Me page, you'll have seen that my horse is an Off-Track-Thoroughbred. We've been through plenty of ups and downs, but he remains my heart horse. I couldn't ask for a better partner.
  1. They are the hardest workers.
    Kalynn and Violet
  2. They show the love a lot, and sometimes in the weirdest ways.
    Emma and Beau
  3. They are extremely versatile.
    Kristen and Driver
  4. They are great for going on adventures.
    Morgan and Heracles
  5. The OTTB community is a fantastic support group. OTTB Connect is a great Facebook group for this!
    OTTB Connect
  6. They put their heart into their work. (This was my #1 answer by OTTB owners!)
    Lana and TJ
  7. They are often rescues, so you can feel good about helping a horse in need.
  8. Their track experience allows them to enjoy the horse life to the fullest.
    Rachel and Mojave (40 starts!
  9. They have awesome personalities.
    Carly and her "cuddle-bug" Reno
  10. They will be your best friend.
    Johannah and Whistle Dixie
Take a ride on a thoroughbred, smile, and have fun!

-UEquestrian

Review: SmartPak's Piper Breeches

For Christmas this year, I put two pairs of breeches on my wish list: the SmartPak Original Knee Patch Pipers and the Dover Riding Sport Kn...